Learning & Teaching Division
Office Hours: 7:30 am - 4:30 pm
Changing Lives...One Success at a Time!
The OMSD Campus Mentor Department plays an integral role at each of our 32 schools. The Campus Mentors work hard to promote positive student achievement in academics and behavior. Campus Mentors monitor the school campus to maintain order and safety, they ensure that students have access to a safe school climate, and they implement and enforce the student discipline program in practice at the school site. Campus Mentors serve as a liaison to academically at-risk students and they support in the implementation of academic and behavioral prevention/intervention programs.
The OMSD Mentor Program is dedicated to develop and enhancing behavioral, social, academic, and personal success through structured relationships, interpersonal guidance, and focused prevention, while empowering students with the knowledge and abilities to thrive and overcome adversity.
Our program goals give us the direction to.
* Reduce behavior referrals, site suspensions, and district expulsions.
* Workwith each site to promote excellent school climate and safety.
* Create and maintain an effective after school program for students.
* Serve as liaisons for behaviorally and academically at-risk students.
* Create structured relationships to support social and personal success.
* Increase each student's awareness of their personal potential and the diversity of the community.
Recognizing our Student Mentors
The Board of Trustees recognized the Student Mentors and the excellent support they provide to our school sites, and most importantly, to our students. The Student Mentor program was created in 2011, with the primary intent to promote positive relationships and healthy middle school campuses. The program has grown and expanded to be district-wide. Schools have experienced increasing attendance while reducing suspensions since the inception of the Mentor program. Thank you Student Mentors!