Degrees and Certifications:
Welcome to the new school year! I am proud to help lead Vineyard forward as a place where STEM learning meets rigorous instruction, high expectations and a safe learning environment. I look forward to having the opportunity to meet with you and continue to build the partnership between Vineyard STEM and our community.
This year we are pleased to welcome many new students and families to our wonderful school. As the school year progresses, you will find information updated here on our school web site or you may call the school office for additional information or support. If you have access to Twitter, you can follow us at #vineyard_omsd.
At Vineyard STEM, we are committed to providing a safe and nurturing school environment for every child at Vineyard STEM Magnet School. Our goal is to work together with our parents and families to ensure that every child receives the support, instruction, and opportunities that they need to be successful at Vineyard STEM. We welcome our parents as either visitors or volunteers to share in the school experience with your children during the school day. If you are interested in being a school or classroom volunteer, please contact your child’s teacher or the school office and we will assist you in that process.
This school year we will continue to develop our STEM instruction. Your child will receive instruction that is integrated with the components of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math. Examples of STEM learning opportunities that are a part of Vineyard STEM’s instructional program include:
· A grade level core curriculum that is integrated with the subjects of Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math.
· Hands-on and engaging lessons to build understanding and mastery of the curriculum.
· The opportunity to work on STEM learning projects with college students and career professionals to apply what they have learned in the classroom.
· Elective classes (in grades 6-8) that give students the opportunity to explore real world STEM topics
· Class rotations to the Computer Lab as well as opportunities to use computer technology in their classroom.
· Class rotations to the Multi Media Lab for computer based learning and project development.
· Class rotations to the Science Lab for hands-on explorations and studies of science concepts.
· The opportunity to participate in instructional field trips that are aligned to STEM learning or college and career preparation.
· The opportunity to participate in Video Conferencing lessons with professionals in the STEM educational or career field.
· The opportunity to participate in academic competitions to demonstrate their learning and test the success of STEM projects, such as Science Fair, Robotics, and M.E.S.A.
Additionally, we will continue our implementation of our AVID (Advancement Via Individual Determination) program in all grade levels. The AVID program aligns directly with our college readiness focus.
It is going to be a great year of learning at Vineyard STEM! We look forward to teaching your children and watching them learn and grow this school year. Thank you, in advance, for your support at home in ensuring that your children come to school every day, ready to learn.
Principal, Vineyard STEM Magnet School